Need a Wifi Installation?
We provide WiFi installations in Johannesburg.
Call Us! 011 022 3544
Get a Quote
Why Choose Soft Edge Solutions?
- Our prices are affordable and fixed per point
- 2-year warranty on all WiFi installations
- We can also install data network points and fibre-optic
- We use only trained, experienced network installers
Poor WiFi Coverage?
We provide wifi installation services in Johannesburg. We do not install WiFi extenders as they are notoriously unreliable. We only install top of the range Wireless Access Points from Ubiquiti with a range of up to 800m.
Our units have a range of up to 100 metres. We do recommend at least one unit per floor. For a large l-shaped or long floor we might need 2 per floor.
Where necessary we install network points and connect WiFi Access Points to them to extend your WiFi signal even further.
We provide an immediate quote and follow-up with an on-site survey of your office before undertaking any work. We test your current wireless WiFi connection for issues and signal loss. We then install the best solution to fix your WiFi coverage issues.
Other than just the basic Home/Office WiFi installation, we also do Advanced WiFi installations. Whether you want to provide Wireless network access to Public places, building or outside areas, we have the right solution for any type of WiFi installation.
Wifi Installation Services
- Basic WiFi installation for Home/Office
- Repeater/Extender installations for Home/Office
- Long Distance wifi installations/support
- Peer to Peer wifi installations/support
- WDS Bridge wifi installations/support
- Managed Wireless Installation Services
- Wireless Hot Spots (WiFi Host Spots) – Sell data to your visitors
- CAT 5 and CAT 7 network cable installations / repairs
- Cabinet installation and preparation for servers, switches, routers and other devices
- Patching and labelling of network cables
- Network cable testing
- Tidying and rerouting existing network installations
I would just like to let you know that I was very impressed with the service I received from your company – First class! From the first point of contact, you were the first to get back to me. Mojo (Mojalefa) did a great job and went the extra mile in setting us up and Houston also did a good job yesterday as there were a few things not completed from the first job which he managed to help us out with.
Although I am fairly sorted for now I will definitely be using your company for our IT needs in future.
Thanks and keep it up.
Thank you so much for your assistance today. I must honestly say that your workmanship and professionalism is of a very high standard. Your company is blessed to have you working for them
How do Wifi Extenders Work and Why Not To Use Them
WiFi repeaters, also known as WiFi Extenders, are used to extend the coverage area of your WiFi network. They work by receiving your existing WiFi signal, amplifying it, and then resending the boosted signal. The purpose of a WiFi Extender is to improve your WiFi signal where it is weak or unreliable and eliminate or minimise “dead zones” in your home or office environment. Dead Zones are areas where the Wifi signal from your router is too weak to use or where 2 wifi repeaters overlap and cancel each other.
A typical repeater uses the wireless router’s capacity in the same way as anything else that connects to the wireless network. It is not an independent access point. The signal is not actually boosted, it is simply repeated. It is very important that the repeater itself achieves the best possible coverage from the router. If your repeater has insufficient coverage, it can actively help make your entire Wi-Fi network worse than before.
Do I Need Extra WiFi Access Points if I Have a Multi-Story House?
We recommend at least one access point (AP) per floor. The reason for this is that access points have a good range in a horizontal plane, but generally speaking, the concrete between floors hampers the signal
The Benefits of Our Wifi Installations
It is frustrating in this day and age to struggle with a bad wifi connection. Netflix and Amazon Prime will have to buffer and stutter, online games will be nearly impossible, and even activities such as browsing Facebook will be painful. With our wifi installation services, we first do an on-site assessment of your home or office and discuss the options available to you. For our wifi installations, we use ceiling mounted Ubiquiti wifi access points, which are both discreet and attractive on the eye. When you contact us regarding wifi installations, rest assured that we can provide you with a solution that best fits your needs
How Does It Work?
When we do a wifi installation, we follow these simple steps:
- You call us and arrange a date for a free on-site quotation
- We come to your premises and do an inspection of the area and the wifi signal in each room
- We decide on the best palce and type of wifi access point to install
- We arrange an installation date for you
- We come back and install the physical network points requred and then mount the wifi access points and connect them to the network points
- You enjoy perfect wifi coverage